There are two What’s This Called? programs left for 2019 on Freeform Portland, Saturday December 7th (fragments of which are listenable below), and Saturday December 21st which will be a special from Noon until 4 PM Pacific Standard Time.
In honor for what your host Ricardo Wang sincerely believes to be the best year in recorded music since he began DJing some 35 years ago, both programs will focus on music from the What’s This Called? soon to be released Favorite 100 Albums of 2019. The past few years, your host has had a hard time coming up with a top ten albums, but 2019 has seen many, many artists old and new at the top of their respective games.
Unfortunately, this episode featured technical difficulties with the Freeform server that led to interruptions in the live stream and gaps in the digital archive. Bleh. Everything below sounds great, it’s just not as much as people listening on terrestrial radio got to hear. Let this be a lesson to all who put total faith in little zeros and ones. Sometimes the ones go away and you are left with the zeros. Thankfully we saved the great samples below at least.
HEAR SOME OF THE FIRST HOUR HERE!:
HEAR THE END OF THE SHOW HERE!:
- Search Ensembles “AC DC CP SK” [Prescient/Legend]
- Juniana “Opening Thread in Room” [Ordinary Devotions]
- Neil Campbell “Cloud Drag 1979 (1-4)” [Cloud Drag 1979]
- Tom Dyer “Everything in the World is Returning to a State of Nature” [1+1 = ?]
- Column Shifter “Let Us Now Praise the Dust” [Congregation]
- Mecca Normal “Man Thinks Woman / Strong White Male / I Walk Alone – Live” [Brave New Waves Session]
- Taylorshit “DietLad” [Taylorshit.net]
- Tearpalm “Wake Up and Smell the Coffin” [To the Happy Few]
- Disxiple 113 “No Curtains” [Sidraw]
- Noispoetnobody “Concrete Vitalist Part 3” [Concrete Vitalist]
- Spirit Duplicator “Goat Boy Goes to Tacobell” [Duplex Cremes]
- Erin Jane Laroue “The Future is Au Revoir” [Chalant]
- Goh Lee Kwang “2-4 Avalanche II” [Avalanche Herbal Concrete Disc 1902-2]
- Blake DeGraw “pity this busy monster, manukind” [Music for Hollow Voices]
- Stuart McCleod “neuropera 4” [neuropera]
- SONOLOGYST “Memorex” [Phantoms]
- Amy Denio “Race Along the River” [Eureka]
Hello matte great blog post